* Raised in Las Vegas, married 30 years in 2016, four children (CCSD Teacher, LVMPD Officer, Dental Hygienist, H.S. Junior), four dogs and a cat.
* 24th year practicing law in all Nevada courts (Justice, Family, Municipal, District, and the Nevada Supreme Court), where he has represented men, women, mothers, fathers, grandparents, etc., from different backgrounds, income levels, races and ethnicities.
* Robert KURTH is running for Justice of the Peace because he cares about our community and the place his family calls home. Robert KURTH will be a Judge, who will LISTEN to your concerns, RESPECT your rights, PROTECT our families, and ENFORCE the Constitution. He will not legislate from the bench. Robert KURTH has the Experience, Integrity, Demeanor, Fairness and Common Sense necessary to be our Justice of the Peace, and will be FAIR in applying justice to all those who come before him. Robert KURTH would appreciate your VOTE.
* Worked for Steel Engineers, Inc., as a rebar fabricator, while attending UNLV, where his father later became president and his brother, vice president, of Steel Engineers, Inc.
* Former Law Clerk for the Appellate Division of the District Attorney’s Office of Clark County, Nevada, during the summer of 1990.
* Robert has practiced in the following areas of the law: criminal, landlord tenant, evictions, real estate, civil litigation, collections, protective orders, construction, workers’ compensation, personal injury / auto accidents, traffic, licensing, family, guardianship, probate, estate planning, wills / trusts, tax law, business law / formation, and zoning.
* J.D. from the UNIVERSITY OF DENVER COLLEGE OF LAW.
* B.S. in Business Administration from UNLV and BYU alumnus.
* ARBITRATOR for the Eighth Judicial District Court from 2001-2014.
* Former ALTERNATE CHILD SUPPORT HEARING MASTER (Judge).
* Former SMALL CLAIMS COURT REFEREE (Judge).
* One of the initial members of the Trial By Peers Committee, a juvenile court diversion program for the Clark County Bar Association.
* Student Editor of Family Law Quarterly while in law school.
* Former President of the Sagebrush Youth Soccer League; National “D” Licensed Youth Soccer Coach, and coached in Sagebrush, Nevada South, the Silver State Girls Soccer League, and Henderson United Youth Soccer.
* Former Youth Football Coach, and coached in Pop Warner, Nevada Youth Football League, and the Clark County Middle School Football program.
* Former Webelos Leader / Assistant Scoutmaster / Venturing Crew Assoc. Advisor / Merit Badge Counselor with the Boy Scouts of America.
* Actively involved in Church and its leadership programs.
* Ironworker (permit) for Steel Engineers, Inc., under Local 416.
* Robert’s grandmother retired from the Culinary Union Local 226 and his uncle, father, and brother were former members of the Ironworkers Local 416. His mother worked (printed in-house) for Las Vegas Building Materials and Nevada Ready Mix (both union companies).